Thursday, November 13, 2014

Love for mankind

Imagine yourself walking on a lonely street in broad daylight; it sure would give you the creeps!
But the same street if inhabited by a few other humans, even though you don't know them; you are quite comfortable and continue to tread upon your journey!

Man is a social animal, and even though we are not acquainted with those million faces, we are just comfortable around their company.

As a kid, I was surrounded by tons of such familiar and unfamiliar faces. All the credit goes to my dad!

Result: I never really got the time to be mindful of my actions cause they were right there, anywhere I would turn left or right...they would be next to me telling me of my faults or appreciating my milestones.
Sure, it used to get overwhelming when I needed my space especially as a teen, but then my father would repeatedly advice about humanity and its various benedictions.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

Mahatma Gandhi


His faith in mankind and relationships was numero uno!

He used to go out of his way to help his family when in need, did not even spare a dime when it came to his friends in need. His belief was that the humanity needed love and compassion, or else we would go extinct thus, always stressed on helping when in need!

He was such a loving soul that prior to departing from his body; he handed out bills to those who aided him in the hospital while he was bedridden cause of his stage 4 Prostate Cancer diagnosis.

A Generous Heart, Kind Speech And A Life Of Service and compassion are a few things that renew humanity.
Dalai Lama

His belief in humanity was actually too much for me to handle, in fact overwhelming but then when I saw the number of people turn up at his funeral...it was alarming, and then to top it all listen to all their stories of how just this one soul impacted them...was mind-blowing that gives me goosebumps, till date!

Mantra for today: Love the human race since you are one of them!

------


document.write('
Link up your \"My father\'s best advice was...\" prompts here!
Add your link (Submissions close in 2d 17h 42m)
URL:(URL of your blog post)
Name:
Email:(Not visible)
Trouble linking up? Try here
powered by InLinkz
');




No comments: